RE: fuel mileage

To: mgs <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: fuel mileage
From: Chuck Renner <crenner@dynalivery.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2003 06:30:03 -0600
> I used to get this large a change when Colorado switched from
> summer to winter
> gas.  So maybe the question is, does BP use ethanol and Citgo doesn't?

The fact of the matter is that unless you have multiple refineries nearby,
all the gas in your area, regardless of brand, comes from the same depot.

The question is, did you fill up at the same BP station each time?  It the
Citgo station a busier place?  If the BP station doesn't get as much
business, their gas will have a tendency to be a bit stale compared to the
busier station.  And perhaps more important, if the blend is changed for
weather conditions, the busier station will have the intended blend for the
current weather conditions.