TF Replica with V-8

To: "MG Digest" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TF Replica with V-8
From: "N" <twobees@sprynet.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2003 22:26:23 -0500
About a year ago, there were some postings about T-Series MG's with V-8
power.  At the time, I mentioned having driven one at Lime Rock and had some
literature on it.  A search at the time revealed nothing among the cases of
Press Kits, & Press Releases in my collection.  Tonight, in my continuing
quest to clean up & toss out prior to joining Dave Houser in the migration
to Florida's Gulf Coast with our MG's, I found it.

If the person who requested detailed info is still on the Digest, please
contact me off list.  I'll give you more details.

Synopsis:
The year was 1991.  Ray Noble formed a company in Penn Yan, NY called Noble
Motor Cars Corp.  They made 2 versions.  One using MGB components, the other
a 350 Chevy.  By way of comparison, the original TF was quoted as reaching
60 mph in 18.9 sec., the NMC TF in 11.9 & the NMC V-8 in 6.0.

Another "oddity" of the NMC cars was the presence of headrests on the seats.
>From the photo, they look like '68 to '7? seats with the "fat" headrests.

Norm Sippel
'66 MGB