RE: VARA racing with a Midget

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: VARA racing with a Midget
From: "Larry Hoy" <list@marketvalue.net>
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2003 07:01:13 -0700
Steve,

You're starting out right.  A Midget is a great car to race.  Very fast,
very competitive, parts are cheap.  You'll have fun.  You should be
aware there are only a few vintage race groups that will allow a 1970
(or up) car, VARA is one.  Most groups will want the car to be 1967 or
older.  If the bodies are identical (I don't know if they are) you might
want to get it eligible as a 1967.

For parts and equipment check Racers Parts Wholesale, Summit, Jegs
(there are others).  If you don't see it on their web site, call them.
They can get just about anything you want.

http://www.racerpartswholesale.com
http://www.summitracing.com/
http://www.jegs.com/

Make sure you get a set of VARA's new eligibility rules.  Contact them
now as you build the car to make sure it meets all their requirements.

http://www.vararacing.com/

Subscribe to the vintage-race list on the Scions of Lucas site.

Subscribe to Victory Lane, or perhaps Grassroots Motorsports

http://www.victorylane.com/
http://www.grmotorsports.com/

When you have entered your first race subscribe to the MB Vintage Racers
newsletter (only available to those persons actively racing an MG).

http://www.mgvr.org/

>From personal experience, plan now for a race to go to.  That will give
you a deadline to get the car complete.  Get the car done before
November 1 and we can race Las Vegas together.  If you miss that date
Buttonwillow in May of 2004 will be a special event, trust me.

Most of all, have fun.  Building the car can be very rewarding.

Larry Hoy