Re: MGB makes a pilgrimage!

To: "David Breneman" <idcb@airborne.com>, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: MGB makes a pilgrimage!
From: Bob Shaw <shaws@mlcltd.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2003 22:17:28 -0500
At 10:04 AM -0700 4/10/2003, David Breneman wrote:
>Charles & Peggy Robinson SEZ -
>>    Great story Martin.  Your 20 miles of road in the hills sounds like
>>  the Texas Hill Country that I live in.
>>
>>     Who on the list has taken the longest drive?  Let's her from you!
>
>In 1978 a friend and I drove my 68 MGB from the Tacoma area to
>Palm Springs and back.  What is that, about 1200 miles each way?
>On the way down we took 101 from Astoria to San Francisco, so
>that makes it even farther.  That drive wasn't as fun as we'd
>expected because it seemed we were stuck behind a camper or a
>logging truck all the way.  On the way back we had a cracked
>exhaust valve and a stripped out wheel.  Lots of fun driving
>1200 miles on three cylinders and avoiding the brakes.  Sure
>I'd do it again!  :-)

My guess it Barney when he made the run to the sun a few years ago,
as I think he topped 20K on that one.

I've made two fair runs in the A, along with Marvin Marshall and
Steve Espelund in their '65 and '66 Bs. In '99 we went from Lincoln,
NE to the Oregonn coast and back, covering about 5500 miles. In '01
we went from Lincoln, Ne through Michigan, into the Northlands of
Canada and then back down across the border at Niagra Falls and home.
We were planning another trip, maybe to the Keys, this summer but the
economy got in the way. Maybe next year.
--
Bob Shaw
Check out Shaw's Garage at http://www.mlcltd.com/shawsgarage/