Re: Animals

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Animals
From: Max Heim <mvheim@attbi.com>
Date: Tue, 03 Jun 2003 09:58:05 -0700
In American colloquial usage, a bearcat is an ornery sort of shaggy wild
cat, which does not necessarily correspond to an existing species -- it's
more of a catch-all term for a creature better left alone.

Insofar as this contest is concerned, I would consider it an "animal", as I
would the mythical Phoenix. The point, I take it, is to determine when
automobile manufacturers began to market products by creating romantic
associations, rather than just by citing technical specifications. However,
I am actually wondering what the source is for the Daimler Phoenix -- I had
never heard that name before, while the story of the first Mercedes is well
known.

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149