Re: Front Brake question

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Front Brake question
From: Max Heim <mvheim@attbi.com>
Date: Wed, 04 Jun 2003 09:25:02 -0700
That is just about the stupidest spec I've ever read. After it has been
ground once, how would you know what the original thickness was? Why don't
they just spec it as a minimum total thickness, rather than a maximum cut
off an indeterminate original thickness? Written by lawyers, apparently, or
a particularly bloody-minded engineer -- not by a mechanic, that's for sure.

[end of rant]

What it boils down to, of course, is a minimum thickness of .30... but why
didn't they just come out and say that in the first place? (oops, slipped
back into rant mode)

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149