RE: Cheap Tools

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Cheap Tools
From: Chuck Renner <crenner@dynalivery.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Jun 2003 16:45:21 -0500
> Most Craftsman hand tools are made by Easco, which offers
> the same warrantee for a lower purchase price.  Easco now
> seems to be owned by Allen, inventors of the eponymous
> hex drive system.

Given that Craftsman aren't the very best out there, their warranty does
come into play.  Since I don't use a given tool enough to justify
stepping up to the Snap-On, S-K, etc. level, Craftsman has to work for
me.  How easy/difficult is it to get warranties handled by Easco?  The
convenience of dropping your pile of broken stuff on the counter at
Sears is pretty nice.