Ratcheting box ends, was Re: Cheap Tools

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Ratcheting box ends, was Re: Cheap Tools
From: Larry Colen <lrcar@red4est.com>
Date: Sat, 7 Jun 2003 11:00:36 -0700
I recently bought my self a set of combination wrenches with the
ratcheting box ends. I think that I paid about $60 for a set made by
Crescent. I love them. They've almost supplanted my ratchet and
sockets, though there are some cases where you need the socket and the
boxend won't work. They ratchet like a socket, but are thinner and get
into places like a box end.

I find it amusing, because Snap-On got their start by selling one
ratchet that would work with a range of sockets, rather than having
each socket as part of it's own ratchet. It seems that we've come full
circle.

   Larry

--
I've found something worse than oldies station that play the music I used to
listen to. Oldies stations that play the "new" music I used to complain about.