No backups for the dead tree version

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: No backups for the dead tree version
From: Larry Colen <lrcar@red4est.com>
Date: Sat, 7 Jun 2003 16:19:23 -0700
Since I bought my MGB on October 1st 1994, I've kept track of damn
near every turn of the wrench in a note book for it. I could tell you
mileage and date for practically every quart of oil and gallon of
gas. I could tell you when what parts were installed, when it made
particular odd noises, what the effects were on laptimes and gas
mileage. I could tell you that is, until today. I just grabbed the log
book out of the plastic tub it was in, in the back of my van, where I
had tossed it after the last track day. I don't know what it got into,
but judging by the translucency of the pages, some sort of oil. It
soaked it's way through the back turning my detailed records into a
child's experiment in chromatography.

The earlier records are not too badly trashed, being fairly legible up
until about the latest engine incarnation. So I've got most of my
"historical data" and have lost most of my "useful data".

Sure, it's better than losing the car, but it's the one thing I was
expecting to last.

I suppose that for cars I care about, I should cycle through to new
logbooks every so often so that this doesn't happen again.

--
I've found something worse than oldies station that play the music I used to
listen to. Oldies stations that play the "new" music I used to complain about.