Manifold to CAT gasket

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Manifold to CAT gasket
From: "Steve Piepenbrink" <mgbyellow@netzero.net>
Date: Sat, 14 Jun 2003 14:38:23 -0500
Hi Everyone,

It has been a while since I have posted anything on the list, but here goes.

I had leaking side cover gaskets and started to work to fix the leaks.  I had
to take the exhaust system down and removed the Zenith carb to better get at
the bolts.  So I decided to overhaul the carb and while the exhaust system was
down I thought I should replace it as the old one was about shot.  Well...my
tires were the old skinny English size and the newest one was probably over 10
years old so I thought I should replace those too.....but the wheels sure
needed painting .

To make a long story a little shorter I ended up replacing my Zenith carb with
a new HIF44 conversion carb and a cool K&N filter.  I got a new Monza exhaust
system and found some Minilite wheels on special to put my new Yokohama tires
on.

Soooo, my car is running great!  Probably the best since I have owned it.  The
new carb is just super and easy to adjust too.

Now to the question of the day.  I was out with the car and blew out the
gasket where the catalytic converter meets the manifold.  The car has only
about 50 miles on it since I put in a new gasket.  Does anyone know of a
better gasket than the one that Moss etc. sells for that purpose?  It is just
a thin paper like gasket and I have had gaskets that are more metallic on
other cars.  Any ideas?

Thanks for reading down this far.

Steve