Re: optimal oil cooler position

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: optimal oil cooler position
From: Max Heim <mvheim@attbi.com>
Date: Sun, 15 Jun 2003 15:24:03 -0700
Never heard that one, though I suppose it's plausible. But I think there's
an awful lot of work to be done if you're trying to optimize air flow
through the MGB radiator, above and beyond this little issue.

To me, the shroud sounds like a bad idea. The most likely result would be to
kill airflow through both the oil cooler and the shrouded part of the
radiator (as the air takes the path of least resistance around the oil
cooler). That is, if I am envisioning your shroud correctly, as a kind of
tunnel connecting the oil cooler to the equivalent frontal section of
radiator, separating that airflow for the stated reason of reducing
turbulence.

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149