Re: chrome paint

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: chrome paint
From: David Councill <dcouncil@imt.net>
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2003 12:17:16 -0600
At 08:58 AM 6/25/2003 -0700, Max Heim wrote:
>Uh, I wouldn't recommend it. It doesn't look anything like chrome. I haven't
>seen it on wheels, but I can't imagine it looks good. Stick with the dull
>silver.

I used the chrome spray paint for the plastic pseudo-chrome trim that is
used on the various switches in the early 70s B dash (the paint had worn
off exposing the yellowish plastic). Although it improved the appearance,
the "chrome" looked more like a gun metal grey (a dull gray). Not quite
what I was hoping for.

David Councill
67 BGT
72 B