Pressure inside engine?

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Pressure inside engine?
From: "Steve Piepenbrink" <mgbyellow@netzero.net>
Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2003 17:23:59 -0500
I just got done renewing the side cover gaskets on my engine in the 79B.  I
seem to be leaking a lot of oil compared to beforehand.  I am wondering if I
have something clogged up and there is too much internal pressure in the
engine and that is making the oil leak out.  Maybe that is why my side covers
started to leak in the first place.  How can I check this out?  Can I just
drill a hole in the oil filler cap to help out?

Car runs great with the new HIF-44 conversion from the Zenith.  I also detoxed
the engine per John Twist's manual and seem to have a bit more zip.

Thanks,

Steve