Re: car wax

To: jmc987@earthlink.net, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: car wax
From: Ajhsys@aol.com
Date: Sat, 5 Jul 2003 08:49:21 EDT
In a message dated 7/5/2003 8:32:54 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
jmc987@earthlink.net writes:

> The 3M
> Cleaner Wax (medium oxidation) shined up nicely. But it didn't remove
> all the water marks and the finish looks "smeared". Should I be using
> something more aggressive to cut through the oxidation? Or perhaps a
> power buffer? Thanks in advance,

- - - - - - - - - -

I like the Meguiars system.  They number their products so you know what
order to use them in...er...in which to use them.

Use the paint cleaner #1 first, then the #2 polish, then #3 wax.  I use their
paste carnuba wax, which is also available as a liquid.  Results are usually
spectacular.

It's a bit more work than a single step product, but theere isn't very much
acreage on an LBC.  Check out w ww.meguiars.com for more info and a very useful
web site.  Click the "How To Center" link for help on products for your car.

(No financial interest on my part, just a satisfied customer.)

Allen Hefner
SCCA Philadelphia Region RoadRally chair
'77 MG Midget (#51 FSP)
'75 MG Midget (The Project)
'99 Ford Contour SE (24V 2.5L V6)