Motor mount changin here I come.....

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Motor mount changin here I come.....
From: "Harold Pulcher" <pulcher@killercomputing.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2003 01:32:12 -0500 (CDT)
I have doing some research on changing the motor mounts
in my 80B and I have a couple of questions:

1. What is the best way to raise the engine?  Put a hoist on it,
or jack it up?

2. If it is a hoist where should I connect the chains?  I am
betting "just any ol place" will probably not do.

3. What other mounting points should I loosen/remove, so I do
not damage anything else?  I am guessing the transmission
cross-member as everything else looks like it will clear the
couple of inches I think it needs to be raised.

4. The bolts that fit into the chassis are off center.  Does
the bolt got above or below the center, or do they both
just need to match?

I am going to head down the local harbor freight store to
purchase a couple of inexpensive 9/16 wrenchs for bending
to get around the steering shaft.

I am also formulating new words to use while dealing with
the LH mount.  From what I have read, I will run out of the
one that I current have rather quickly.

Thanks,
Harold
80B