Re: DZUS fastner's

To: Barney Gaylord <barneymg@MGAguru.com>
Subject: Re: DZUS fastner's
From: Paul Root <proot@iaces.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2003 14:12:43 -0500
Barney Gaylord wrote:

> At 09:09 AM 8/11/03 -0500, Paul Root wrote:
>
>> I'm out on the DZUS web site (http://www.dfci.com) trying to figure
>> out what part number it is I want to replace the fastners for the
>> battery cover.
>

> Try this URL: http://www.dfcis.com
>
>> I looked at the ST-1200 line and chose the ring type. Fastner size 4,
>> seems right: 1/4 in diameter, 7/16 head. I pick anything for the
>> receptical since that's already in there.
>

> Not sure about the MGB, but I use these on my MGA, and it takes 5/16"
> diameter.  The MGB could be different.
>
>> Now what's throwing me is, the panel, gap and support thicknesses.
>> What do these mean? Would panel be the thickness of the cover. Gap -
>> space between the cover and the body and Support - depth the
>> receptical is down in the body?
>

> Yes, yes, and sort of.
   < great explanation deleted >

>> Plus, if I submitted this for a quote, are they really in the business
>> to sell me 5? Is there a retail place that handles these things?
>

> No, and not that I know of.  But it falls in the range of sample
> quantity.  If you're a slick talker and have a good enough reason for
> needing a sample, you might get them for free.

I'm not a slick talker so, this isn't going to happen.

Ed says he normally stocks them, but is down to 2 (which surprises
us all). He says he'll restock, and I've put my unofficial order in
with him. I expect to here from him when he gets more. Right Ed?

If anyone is in a hurry, my brother also suggested Pegasus Auto
Racing. http://www.pegasusautoracing.com. I did find some there, but
they seem to be whole kits.

--
    ______