Re: MGA restoration - How to do it

To: Betti Ann & Preston Smith <prsmith@ns.sympatico.ca>,
Subject: Re: MGA restoration - How to do it
From: Bob Shaw <shaws@mlcltd.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2003 18:24:50 -0500
At 12:50 PM -0300 8/19/2003, Betti Ann & Preston Smith wrote:
>Is there a good book or web site that tells one how to dismantle an
>MGA for restoration, what measurements to take before removing the
>sheet metal, determining what frame and body work to be done, order
>of disassembly, etc?
>
>Of course the follow up steps to the above are determining what
>mechanical/electrical/hydraulic must be done and fixing all of this,
>and reassembling the whole package.
>
>Help - i have never done a total restoration.
>
>Thanks
>Preston

Three good books are:

MGA Restoration Guide, by Malcolm Green;

MGA-A History & Restoration Guide, by Robert Vitrikas;

Original MGA by Anders Ditlev Clausager.

Last I knew, all were still available from Moss, but numbers may be
getting low.
--
Bob Shaw
Check out Shaw's Garage at http://www.mlcltd.com/shawsgarage/