FW: Need knobs for my original 1970 BMC AM radio - or new radio

To: "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: FW: Need knobs for my original 1970 BMC AM radio - or new radio
From: "Jerry Erbesfield" <jerbesfield@mindspring.com>
Date: Sun, 5 Oct 2003 09:14:30 -0400
I can't be specific but there are numerous modern radios that will fit. I
purchased a very nicely featured and pretty quality Audiovox AM/FM/Cassette
30 watt per channel stereo radio from the Audiovox Outlet store here in
Atlanta for approx $150.00 and it was small enough in the depth fit pretty
easily. This was a remanufactured radio but you couldn't tell it. It looked
and worked like new. I don't remember the model number of my radio and I
gave all the paperwork on it to the guy that I sold the car to but I DO
recall that they actually had several radio chassis from $100.00 and up that
would fit.

They market 3 lines of radios. Here's a link to a start page for all three
lines. I couldn't find prices but the web pages do show products and a
dealer locator.

http://www.audiovox.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_cat_carsound.jsp?t
ype=nprev&catalogId=10001&storeId=10001&categoryId=874323&langId=-1&page=&ur
lString=&productId=

No financial interest. Only my experience with them. Just good stuff at
reasonable prices.

That's the best I can do. Good luck!

 Jerry Erbesfield
Was - 73 Black beauty MGB roadster