Leaking

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Leaking
From: "Steve Piepenbrink" <mgbyellow@netzero.net>
Date: Tue, 7 Oct 2003 10:35:28 -0500
Sorry to bomb the list with my tests the other day but I wasn't getting
through with my posts or getting my tests back on my laptop.

I have some oil leak questions.

I have 2 puddles of oil under my car (79 MGB).  The front puddle is dirty
engine oil that is coming from the timing cover area.  I am assuming I need a
new seal there.  Any good suggestions as how to get the big nut loose there
other than an air tool?

The other puddle is behind the first and is nice clean oil that I think must
be coming from the transmission.  I can't really pinpoint where it is dripping
out but I had to add a quart of oil to the transmission at my recent oil
change.  Is there any place there is a common transmission leak?  I am afraid
I will have to pull the engine to get the transmission leak fixed.  Darn.

Thanks,

Steve