Emission controls, or their lack of-apology, kinda long

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Emission controls, or their lack of-apology, kinda long
From: BarrMark262@aol.com
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2003 23:09:37 EDT
Hi Listers: I have made enough mistakes in life (I'm 62) that I really would
like advice pertaining to the following:

I am ready to reinstall the engine in my early 74B. The car was grossly
misrepresented to me, but that is another story. Many, many items were missing
or
alterations had occured to the car that were only discovered when I started to
take it apart for the restoration process.

The only emission items with the car are the anti run on valve and the carbon
filter cannister.

As my state, Oregon, does not require certain older cars have the emission
testing as newer cars do, I am wondering if I can safely install the engine I
have with no emission controls other than what I have listed. Do I "design" the
hoses etc. to look like a pre 1970?

I really don't want to ruin an engine I just paid to have rebuilt, so your
help is appreciated greatly.

Thank you all very much,
Dennis Barr
Medford, Oregon