Re: New list member / B owner with special part sourcing

To: mark.d.melvin@jpmchase.com
Subject: Re: New list member / B owner with special part sourcing
From: Tab Julius <tab@penworks.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2003 18:03:50 -0500
That's fine; I just didn't want to see you go into some huge "wonder if I
could do it" experiment only to end up with a car you can't get inspected.

It'd be interesting to see what's involved in devolving a 'B from a rubber
bumper to chrome bumper state.  Not sure I've heard anyone else do it.

Though for the dollars - did you say what you paid? - involved in changing
it, are you sure you can't get a chrome for the same bucks?  Purely for
curiousity's sake, it'd be interesting, but from a purely economic point of
view, does it make sense?