Re: Headlight Question

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Headlight Question
From: "David Breneman" <idcb@airborne.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Nov 2003 16:48:44 -0800 (PST)
Rocky Frisco SEZ -
> I SEZ -
> >The only advantage they have is they're brighter, which means
> >inflicting oncoming drivers with more blinding glare because the
> >crummy Coke-bottle lenses have no effective cutoff pattern.
> >
> It's my opinion that careful aiming produces superior results with
> Halogens. I would not use anything less bright.

Aiming of course is critical with projector headlights, but for sealed
beam units, whether halogen or tungsten, there's just no way to avoid
glare.  My complaint isn't with quality halogen lights, its with
crummy sealed beam halogen lights.  There may be another category,
quality sealed beam halogen lights, but I've never personally
seen them.

--
David Breneman
Distributed Systems Software Analyst

DHL/Airborne Express
3101 Western Avenue
Seattle, WA 98121

Phone:  +1-206-830-4253
Fax:    +1-206-830-4432

david.breneman@dhl.com

(This .sig is greater than 4 lines as mandated by company policy.)