Re: Headlight Question

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Headlight Question
From: "David Breneman" <idcb@airborne.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2003 09:47:58 -0800 (PST)
twobees@sprynet.com SEZ -

> Of course, the fallacy of the proliferation of factory installed front fog
> lights is that they only work when the headlights are on.  And, the
> headlights defeat the purpose of fog lights.

I was amazed to discover that my Evil Dolphin Choking SUV (Chev
TrailBlazer) is able to run with the fog lights on while the
headlights are turned off.  This was all the more surprising because
it has the "Canadian headlights" that come on whenever the truck
is in gear with the parking brake off.  All I had to do was turn
on the fog lights, then turn the headlight switch from auto to
parking-lights-only, and the fog lights stayed on.  The only
problem with these fog lights is that the cut-off is so short,
they're only good under about 20 MPH.

--
David Breneman
Distributed Systems Software Analyst

DHL/Airborne Express
3101 Western Avenue
Seattle, WA 98121

Phone:  +1-206-830-4253
Fax:    +1-206-830-4432

david.breneman@dhl.com

(This .sig is greater than 4 lines as mandated by company policy.)