Re: Non LBC

To: Frank Krajewski <frankk@intap.net>
Subject: Re: Non LBC
From: David Woerpel <dwoerpel@wi.net>
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2003 19:00:14 -0600
Frank,

Piece of cake.........almost.  One of the nurses told me that my knee
replacement was more serious then bypass.  Actually they're all serious.
 My mom had it done when she was 80 and was roaming the halls and making
like nothing happened.  She went home in 4 days...and that was 13 years
ago. She's a chipper 93 now and still drives to church and does errands.
 My dad had it done when he was 65, that was in 1975.  He died in '91
from congestive heart failure and the Doc said the bypasses where clean
as a whistle.  Nowadays they do miracles compared to back then.  I don't
know about the lifting part, BUT, this is like a restoration; don't put
time constraints on it and rehab correctly!  Sorry, that was my teacher
voice.

I survived right knee surgery w/ no driving for 8 weeks!!  I worked hard
to flex the knee and was driving an automatic in 7 wks.  I sat in the
LBC's at 8.  It was hard but you take it one day at a time.

Good luck!  You'll do fine.  Good way to start the new year with renewed
health!!
God Bless & Happy Holidays!

Dave
59:{)