Re: funny auction for 80 'B LE

To: proot@iaces.com, mgrick@mgcars.org.uk
Subject: Re: funny auction for 80 'B LE
From: MGBnutt@aol.com
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2004 01:10:21 EST
Here's some more observations:

The engine is painted the wrong color
The alternator is mounted to the air-pump bracket
The British Leyland badge on the front wings (fenders) did not appear after
1977 (per Clausager's "Original MGB" book)
Twin electric radiator fans are missing (OEM starting in 1977 - also per
Clausager)
Missing twin charcoal absorption canisters
Twin gas struts for the bonnet (hood) instead of the standard single strut

I'm sure there are other hidden problems we cannot see.  Looks suspiciously
like an older than 1980 car, or a 1980 car with an older engine installed.  In
either case, the seller is seriously misrepresenting this car.  Possibly on
purpose, or just out of ignorance.  You decide.  Let the buyer beware!
donny v
1978 MGB

In a message dated 1/28/2004 11:13:18 AM Eastern Standard Time,