Re: Buy off e-bay? was Re: funny auction for 80 'B LE

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Buy off e-bay? was Re: funny auction for 80 'B LE
From: "Alan J. Claffie" <aclaffie@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2004 05:55:09 -0800 (PST)
--- kmwheeler@ualr.edu wrote:
> Hmmm, here's one:  how many of you have actually bought a car off
> e-bay? What was it?  Were you satisified?

I haven't bought a car off Ebay, but my dear old dad did a few years
ago. He got an unfinished restoration '63 Buick Riviera that just
needed to be reassembled. Bodywork and paint were all done, parts were
freshened and rechromed, just needed to bolt everything up. It was
maybe sixty miles away so he had it towed to his house, spent the
better part of a year finishing the job and sold it for a nice profit.

He's been trying to buy more cars off Ebay, seems every time I talk to
him he tells me about another one that got away. He was going for a TR8
(gawd knows why), and just this week he says he lost out on a $8000
Sunbeam Tiger with 36 seconds to go. Now he says he's thinking of
finding himself a Bugeye Sprite.

All I can say is that it must be nice to be retired and have a couple
bucks burning a hole in your pocket! Not sure where he's going to put
any new car as the driveway's already pretty full ('62 Vette, Miata,
MGB, and Zuki Swift GT).

Me, well, I've got enough to do with my own rides that I'm not shopping
for anything for the foreseeable future.

--
Claff
71 MGB

http://webhosting.yahoo.com/ps/sb/