Re: "Bang for the buck" and MGB

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: "Bang for the buck" and MGB
From: Eric <eric@erickson.on.net>
Date: Thu, 05 Feb 2004 03:51:50 +1030
kmwheeler@ualr.edu wrote:

> is there anything I could do to help the performance of the car?

Well I am too poor to do too much but I seem to have made her a tad faster.

Ported and polished the bejesus out of the head... coupled with nice
headers to take away the bad stuff.  Some big valves and the slightly
larger (not BIG BORE) pistons and a "fast-street" cam (if you want
specifics we'll do it off list).

Going faster was one part of it - making it actually HANDLE was the next
bit.  Lots of fiddling has just about got that right.

Of course this was just my way of announcing that my new presents for
the car for this season's track work (after a full season off) includes
disk brakes front and rear, just 1.5 degrees negative camber for the
front end and a limited slip diff.

I wasn't allowed any of this stuff before but seeing as they got jealous
of my efforts in the past and bumped me up a class then I had to do
SOMETHING to narrow the gap between me and the front runners who spend
bucketloads on their cars!

:-)

--
Eric