Re: MG weddings

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: MG weddings
From: "Paul Hunt \(T\)" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2004 16:09:31 -0000
For my daughter's wedding I managed to get a VA Tourer.  I had put out a
call on the web, received a response from California with the email address
of the secretary of the VA/WA/SA Register in the south of England, and he
told me of two owners in my home town in the English Midlands.  One was in
mid-restoration and the other had just completed one in metallic grey with
red upholstery, and his became the leading car.  The priest began the
service by saying the couple were starting married life in the best way, he
and his son having restored several MGs over a period of 30 years or so.
Another bit of luck was the second car, we wanted one that was suitably
'posh' but didn't overshadow the MG, and found a local hire company with a
Jag XJ6 also in metallic grey with red upholstery.

PaulH.