Re: MGB engine removal

To: James Harwood <james.harwood@sbcglobal.net>
Subject: Re: MGB engine removal
From: Charles & Peggy Robinson <ccrobins@ktc.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2004 20:55:31 -0600
  To tell the truth, I've never supported the engine/tranny by the
rocker studs.  I've always run a long bolt thru a chain and into the
rear exhaust manifold stud hole and into the alternator bracket.
Changed the tilt by moving the link on the chain that my cherry-picker
hook grabs.  I've removed/installed several B engines and
engine/trannies this way, by myself.  I also remove the oil cooler and
radiator harness to facilitate the job.  Don't need to tilt the assembly
as much that way.

   Cheers,

    CR