Question abour mgb VIN

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Question abour mgb VIN
From: "Rick Brown" <mgrick@mgcars.org.uk>
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2004 18:38:22 -0500
I received the below email requesting info on identifying an MGB -  I am in
the process of preparing for a move to Florida
and have already packed up my "Original MGB" perhaps someone on the list can
look up and provide Rusty with whatever info is available?

Please respond directly to Rusty at dirtyliljeep@aol.com

Thanks

RIck
Webmaster for:
  http://www.mgcars.org.uk/namgbr  - The North American MGB Register

Hi:

I'm looking for information regarding an MGB that I have recently purchased
in parts.  I have been unable to find a complete VIN no.  or year of
manufacture.  Could you help me identify my vehicle.  This is the code
available.
GCN1U / 5122G

 The commission number is G52N001442P    this is also on a plate near the
front of the driver's side .  There is also another number located in the same
area and it is MGUD01621.

If you could help me decipher any of the above it would be most appreciated.

Rusty