Re: Horn

To: dschure@c-c-p.com, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Horn
From: Paul Root <proot@iaces.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2004 20:20:44 -0600
Your sending to the wrong place. The address you want is
mgs@autox.team.net. I'm forwarding this one.

Now, to the wheel. I believe that the '76 horn is still in the
hub not on the turn signal as it is in the '77-80 (I have a '77).

I bought a 70-72 wheel, and I'm looking at the hub.

There is a hole just above the splined mounting hole. I believe
a couple inch 'stick' goes through it with a wire on the inside and
contacts at either end. Ah, it's called the brush. Moss part 263-750.
Then the horn push has a contact area directly over that hole to create
the ground back through the column to complete the circuit.

Make sure the hub pieces aren't corroded, and get a multimeter and test
that you get a circuit through that path.

I assume that you've tested that the horns do work when given power
directly.

Hope that helps. If not. Others will correct me. Paul Hunt is especially
wise in the ways of electrical.

Paul.