Heater Cable

Subject: Heater Cable
From: "Steve Piepenbrink" <mgbyellow@netzero.net>
Date: Sun, 29 Feb 2004 21:06:10 -0600
Hello,

I was digging around in my center console today because the heater knob on my
79 MGB, the one that directs the air to the windshield or floor, was not
working properly.

Is that cable hard to replace?  The cable is shot and I think that is why the
knob is binding.  I don't see any instructions anywhere on replacing it, only
a picture in the Moss catalog.  I know there is something with the heater that
everyone says is a nightmare and I don't want to go there.

BTW, can a standard sized radio fit in the radio area.  The old Panasonic that
came with the car has seen better days.

Thanks,

Steve