Re: MGB/GT with Racing Background...?

To: Paul Root <proot@iaces.com>
Subject: Re: MGB/GT with Racing Background...?
From: Bullwinkle <yd3@nvc.net>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2004 14:31:13 -0600
<<<Snip>>>
That doesn't mean that
this is really that car, or that it was really a works car.
<<<snip>>>
Agreed.

The part I have the most problem with is "works car" or Leyland
sponsered.  They were heavy into the TR and wasn't the GT was already
off the US market in 78?  I thought 75 was the last year for the US GT.
So why would Leyland sponser a GT in the US if you can't buy a new one?
They, Leyland, didn't even allow the telephone operator at Abingdon
answer the phone with "MG cars."  It was "Leyland Cars, MG assembly
division" or something similar.

Blake