Starters etc.

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Starters etc.
From: Larry Colen <lrcar@red4est.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2004 21:22:56 -0800
The aluminum backplate project is proceeding nicely.
The raw material should arrive this week.

RC has made plans using the stock starter.

I picked up a spare miata starter, in the hopes of using it instead of
the stock one, as it's about half the size. Unfortunately, the nose is
too short, the gear would not extend far enough to engage the
flywheel.

There's been a discussion of Japanese starters getting an adapter
plate and being sold to use on MGs. Does anyone know what they began
life as starters for? Or for that matter who sells them?

Sure, I could get the Moss "conversion" starter, but at $240, that's a
bit steep, and I'd rather just design my new backplate to use a cheap
modern starter.

--
                   Girling is not a verb.