The spring startup

To: MGB List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: The spring startup
From: Paul Root <proot@iaces.com>
Date: Sat, 27 Mar 2004 08:29:58 -0600
Last night, I took the snows off my wife's car for our trip today.
And since I was in the garage, the cover came off the B.

After airing up all the tires. I popped the hood of the B and check
fluids. There was some coolant in the overflow, and squeezing the
upper hose, you hear it moving around, so the radiator is full.

Now, the oil. It's way over full. I may have over filled it, or it may
be sticking to the sides. It didn't look duluted by anything else to
me, so I just decided, that I'd change it in the next week or so, when
I can, before I drive it.

Then I cranked it without using the choke, got a bit of oil pressure and
it almost started! Pulled the choke and it fired right up.

Then poking back under the hood. Gas leak. Dang.

Searching, it appears to be coming from the outlet of the front carb
sending to the rear. The clamp is kind of old, and the hose is too long.
I think that's it.

Almost on the road...

But those tires look sad.

--