Re: Clunk From Front End When Backing & Braking

To: "Christian, Skip" <wellner.christian@navy.mil>,
Subject: Re: Clunk From Front End When Backing & Braking
From: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2004 15:45:42 +0100
40 should be fine, I have seen that quoted for the king pin to damper upper
fulcrum, 45 for the kingpin to wishbone lower fulcrum (and 65 for the nut on
top of the trunnion).  I don't think there is a figure for the inner A-arm
nuts with or without V8 bushes, I used much the same effort as for the
fulcrum nuts.  Did you replace the A-arms and link bolts?  Often a clonk is
caused by these moving, ovalling the holes in the A-arms and cutting through
the bolt, than the bushing in the stub axle - if it is greased properly.

PaulH.