Re: Knackered Bearings

To: <DMatt21502@aol.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Knackered Bearings
From: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2004 11:26:58 +0100
knackered  Adj. 1. Tired, worn out, exhausted. E.g."I missed my bus, I've
just walked home, I'm knackered, so I'm going to bed. OK?"
2. Broken. E.g."Can we come around to watch TV at yours tonight, our is
knackered."
3. Thwarted, prevented from succeeding at a task. E.g."We were knackered
after our goalkeeper left, mid season. The replacement let in an average of
6 goals each match and we got relegated to a lower division."
* Also occasionally spelt nackered.

knackering  Adj. Tiring, exhausting. E.g."Climbing to the top of the Mount
Everest was the most knackering thing I have ever done."

knackers (!)  Noun. The testicles.
Exclam. An exclamation of disagreement or annoyance.