Re: Oil Pressure Question

To: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>,
Subject: Re: Oil Pressure Question
From: Barrie Robinson <barrier@bconnex.net>
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2004 09:25:35 -0800
Is not oil necessary to do two things?  One, to allow the surfaces to slip
over each other to reduce wear and friction. Two, to reduce the temperature
on a local basis.   The latter because it would be foolish to wait until
the heat is dissipated up and any to the the water/air cooled surfaces -
for then it may be too late.    The latter is the only one that requires
oil flow.  So one would assume that as long as heat is being "washed" away
there would seem to be no need for more pressure.

At 07:50 AM 3/29/2004, Paul Hunt wrote:
>Give you artificial peace of mind if the bearings are knackered?  Con a
>prospective purchaser?  I have seen it writ that it is a *bad* thing on an
>engine with good bearings, the increased pressure can cause bearing erosion.
>
>PaulH.

Regards
Barrie

Barrie Robinson