MGB Door Alignment

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: MGB Door Alignment
From: "Stephen West-Fisher" <steve@coastaldatasystems.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Apr 2004 22:17:26 -0400
Now that I have it running and stopping again, I need to do something about
the doors.

When I first met my wife (20 years ago) she thought I was the perfect
gentleman, always opening the door for her to get in (and out). The last 20
years have not improved the passenger door alignment, and now the driver
door is bad as well!

I spent a few minutes playing with the striker end, and only managed to make
it worse. Additionally, it appears to me that the bottom of the door sticks
out more than the top. Is there a "best" approach to this? For instance,
trying to adjust the hinges to get the door to line up, then adjust the
striker for the in-and-out?

--
Stephen West-Fisher
Coastal Data Systems