Re: clutch went straight to the floor

To: mvheim@studiolimage.com, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: clutch went straight to the floor
From: MGBnutt@aol.com
Date: Tue, 4 May 2004 22:21:17 EDT
When I bought my MGB, the clutch was completely non-functional.  Turned out
the slave cylinder was shot: the seal had liquefied, the piston was pitted, and
the bore was hopelessly corroded.  The PO was nice enough to let me swap out
the slave cylinder in her driveway before I actually purchased the car.  It
only took a few minutes to change and after a quick bleed with fresh fluid the
clutch was up and working again.  Couldn't have taken more than 20 minutes.

For starters I'd check the there was fluid in the master cylinder and that
both the master cylinder and slave cylinders are still working.
Hope that helps!
donny v
1978 MGB

In a message dated 5/4/2004 12:13:39 PM Eastern Daylight Time,