Was - Spoke wheels vs. disk - Now driving on 3 wheels

To: "Dodd, Kelvin" <doddk@mossmotors.com>,
Subject: Was - Spoke wheels vs. disk - Now driving on 3 wheels
From: jello@ida.net
Date: Tue, 11 May 2004 14:57:02 US/Mountain
> If a spoke fails, there are 47 left to keep you motoring, if
> the center rips out of a disc wheel.... I guess you have 3 wheels left
> on the road, you just have to lean a bit.

I have driven an MG-TD replicar on 3 wheels - engine in back (it's really
a volkswagen underneath), lost front wheel (on the freeway) - it wasn't
pretty.

On the other hand, I have driven a citroen DS21 Pallas on 3 wheels
(intentionally).  Engine mid front (transmission ahead of it) - stock self
leveling suspension - wheel removed in back -  no problems, but as it
requires the ride height to be maxxed out, it is a little bumpy.

Phil
Bates