Re: steering rack alignment

To: Larry list account <list@marketvalue.net>
Subject: Re: steering rack alignment
From: David Ambrose <stargazer1@cox.net>
Date: Wed, 26 May 2004 07:19:19 -0700
I'm going on a 30 year old memory here. . .

They had "the old guy" do the alignment on my car. He was kind enough to
let me watch what he was doing.

I think he made a 1/2 degree camber change by fitting a shim under one
side of the shock. I'm not sure how thick the shims were, but I think
they were about the same thickness as a tin can. There might have been
two of them.

I can't remember whether he fitted the shims on the inside or the
outside, but they were definitely only on one side of the shock.

Sorry I can't be more illuminating. I seem to be suffering from a sad
combination of youthful oblivion, and middle age memory loss. :-)

The car drove very nicely afterwards.

Best Regards,
Dave Ambrose