FW: Fuel Pump

To: "'MG List'" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: FW: Fuel Pump
From: "Lew Palmer" <lpalmer@roundaboutmanor.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Jun 2004 18:49:47 -0500
-----Original Message-----
From: Lew Palmer [mailto:lpalmer@roundaboutmanor.com]
Sent: Tuesday, June 08, 2004 6:49 PM
To: 'David Schure'; 'mgs@autox.team.net'
Subject: RE: Fuel Pump

After years of neglect (who wants to crawl under a dirty car to fix it) the
fuel pump will typically start to crud up its points from arcing, dirt, etc.
The springs also weaken worsening the situation. This combined with a rubber
diaphragm which stiffens, will cause the pump to be sluggish. Rapping it is
a temporary measure to sometimes jar the points back into action.

Sometimes I think I have the perfect Lucas tool kit - a fist-sized rock!

Seriously though, I rebuild all MG fuel pumps using all new SU parts (and I
mean ALL). If it moves or seals, I replace it. Contact me off list for
address and quotes, but I do the job for well less than a replacement.

Cheers,
Lew Palmer