Clock Woes, Part 2

To: "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Clock Woes, Part 2
From: "Frank Krajewski" <frankk@intap.net>
Date: Sun, 13 Jun 2004 15:38:28 -0400
As I was sitting  sipping a Newcastle and listening to Neil Young this
afternoon (in my garage of course) I noticed that as long as either car door
was open the clock ran normally but when I closed both doors the clock second
hand went into its usual out of control spinning. I then proceeded to leave
the door open and press the switch in the door frame that operates the dash
light in the center of the dash and now noticed that the clock only
malfunctions when that switch is depressed OR when that dash light is left in
the ON position all the time.  The light rocks back and  forth to  turn on and
off. There is nothing in the Bentley wiring diagram that shows these circuits
as is the case with much of the 1980 MGB circuits. Could it be that I have a
defective ground somewhere? Where?
Frank "Swamp Yankee" Krajewski