Re: OFF TOPIC-trailering a car on a dolly

To: "MG list" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: OFF TOPIC-trailering a car on a dolly
From: "David F. Darby" <darby@tri-lakes.net>
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2004 21:55:17 -0500
Hello Monte,

As a fellow Missourian, I can guarantee you that the tow dolly is titled,
licensed, and taxed as a trailer, which, of course, is what it is. Titling
the dolly is quite easy unless someone has lost the title. In Missouri,
you'll pay county property tax on the dolly, but it is exempt from motor
vehicle inspection.

If the feller doesn't have a title, you might suspect the ownership, as tow
dollies get snatched quite regularly. You could call in the VIN to MOSHP or
your local Sheriff's office and let them run a check to see if it's been
reported as a runaway. Actually, he's got it backwards, because while the
dolly needs a tag, the towed vehicle does not require a license.

I've dragged MGs all over the states with my dolly and never had any
problems. Let's see should you disconnect the propeller shaft on the
Cavalier...? Oops, that's another post!

Good luck,

David F. Darby
SW Missourah