75 Midget brake problem

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: 75 Midget brake problem
From: Pat Leask <pleask@shaw.ca>
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2004 21:02:15 -0700
HELP ! <G>

I'm afraid that my experience with a 1975 MG Midget is rather limited as I
own a Triumph TR3 and a TVR so I'm turning to you all to see if I can obtain
some help.

My sister has a 1975 MG Midget that has only been driven once or twice with
in the last year. I took it out the other day and found that I had to press
the brakes more than I thought I should to stop. It's almost as if the servo
was not working, but of course there is no servo, that's just how it feels.
There is little "Sponge" as one would normally suspect. I'm wondering if
something over time has started to seize up, and if so what is it and how do
I deal with it?

FYI, the car has only 30,000 miles!!

To all '75 Midget owners, is this normal please?

Also, when you have the car turned off can you sound the horn? (Silly
question, but we are having a few electrical issues.

Many thanks, Pat
Victoria BC