Re: Glue for under hood insulation

To: "Bill Saidel" <saidel@camden.rutgers.edu>
Subject: Re: Glue for under hood insulation
From: "Frank Krajewski" <frankk@intap.net>
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2004 11:16:28 -0400
Bill; One of the problems I encountered when installing the hood pad set on
my 1980 MGB LE was retaining the pads in place as the glue dried. As soon as
I would release them they would sag.  I finally solved the problem by using
small magnets placed generously all over the pads to hold them in position
as the glue dried. Of course this will only work on the steel bonnets.
Frank "Swamp Yankee" Krajewski