TD Generator

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TD Generator
From: "Constr AB News" <canews@telus.net>
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2004 15:01:54 -0600
Hey list,

Took my TD on a 500 mile (round trip) drive to the mountains last weekend. No
weather gear and it poured the whole way back, but still the car ran like a
champ.

Unfortunately, I'm noticing that my generator is starting to leave metal
filings on my fender and the fan is starting to wobble a little. So I'm
assuming it's on its way out.

Anyone know how tough these things are to rebuild? Should I have it rebuilt
locally or order the whole unit from one of the suppliers?

I know that it won't have the tach drive on the end, but will an early MGA
generator work? (I have a extra one of those).

Any help is appreciated,

Cheers
Grant Bush
Edmonton, Canada