MGB front springs

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: MGB front springs
From: "Paul M." <rowman22001@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2004 18:42:18 -0700 (PDT)
I just had the front suspension rebuilt on my 1971
MGB, and had the mechanic install a set of 550lb
"blue" front springs at the same time.  Despite the
fact that the new springs are visibly quite a bit
shorter than the stock springs, the ride height is
actually slightly HIGHER with the sport springs than
it was before.

My guess is that because of the increase in rate, the
car is not compressing the springs down as much, and
as a result, it sits up higher.  Does this make any
sense?  Has anyone experienced this before?

I ordered a set of the 480lb "red" springs and they
are being shipped directly to my mechanic, so I'll let
you guys know what happens, but any insight into
possible causes would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

=====
Paul Misencik - 1971 MGB - www.sopwithracing.com

THE CAROLINA TROPHY - 2005