I've recently finished rebuilding and installing an MGB 18V engine with OD
trans, into my '58 MGA. I changed the oil and filter after the first 30
minutes of run time. I changed it again after about 20 miles of driving. For
the 1st 500 miles of break in driving I was running at about 60 lbs. of oil
pressure at speed and about 15 lbs. at idle. At 500 miles, I changed the oil
and filter again and used Mobil 1. My oil pressure has dropped to 48 lbs. and
12 lbs. respectively. I have been told that synthetic oils operates at lower
pressures and that this is no problem.
Your thoughts please!
'58 MGA, '78 MBG